Lake Champlain sunset over Sand Bar State Park by Kristen Jensen If you’ve ever spent time on the “inland sea” of Lake Champlain (or even looked at pictures) you’ll notice how rocky much of the shore is. (It’s also one reason Button Bay State Park in Ferrisburgh has a pool!) This rocky shoreline is a result of thousands of years of glacial and geological activity in the Champlain Valley, and very noticeable in parks like Button Bay , D.A. R. State Park in Addison, and Kamp Kill Kare State Park in St. Albans. Luckily, there are always exceptions. Stumbling across Alburgh Dunes State Park for the first time can be like stepping into an alternate reality. That was my reaction, at least. On a day in early June, I was driving across the top of Vermont from Swanton and into New York State. This drive is flat and sometimes tedious, especially on a cloudy day. Luckily, in a world before GPS, I glanced at my road map and noticed a park symbol nearby. On a whim, decided to...
What about reservations already made between Memorial Day and June 15th? We have had no notice of cancellation.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteAs a long term Vt. (and resident) camper I will not settle for a gift certificate as payment for a cancellation I will get for a June 14th 2020 reservation in protest. This situation will also have a bearing on future camping location.
ReplyDeleteWhat, exactly, is entailed in: "Out-of-state camping will be limited to those camping parties that have self-quarantined according to CDC and VDH guidelines in Vermont prior to entering the park."?
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed! I must say that the information is Extremely useful and very engaging. Keep writing.Many many thanks and best of luck for your upcoming blogs. Owen Sound Ontario Campgrounds
ReplyDelete