Adventure Time: 21 Day Trips To Take This Summer
|Jump!! at Silver Lake in Barnard|
|Fishin' at Lowell Lake State Park|
- Hit the beach- take your pick! 36 parks have easy access to a body of water, and swim-water test results are posted here.
- Rent a canoe, kayak or SUP. Prices are listed on our website.
- Check out fishing gear for free from one of 17 participating parks with the Reel Fun program, and try casting a line.
- Look for loons: common spots for sightings are Brighton State Park, Green River Reservoir, and Boulder Beach on Lake Groton.
- Get a bit of learnin’ with your vacation at a nature program. Guided hikes and paddles, or nature crafts. Get a listing of park programs and events happening during your visit.
- Climb a fire tower at the following parks: Allis, Elmore
or Molly Stark.
The gardens at Taconic Mountains Ramble
- Participate in the Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge and win free park entry all season long!
- Go mountain biking one of the new trails at Little River State Park, or take the history hike to learn about the area's past.
- Drive up the auto road on Mt. Ascutney, and watch hang-gliders take off from the launch point.
- Pan for gold at Camp Plymouth State Park! Did you know there was a small gold rush here in 1850?
- Ride the Island Runner ferry for a day trip to Burton Island on Lake Champlain, a unique island park with no cars. If you have a boat, the island also has a marina.
- Hike Camel’s Hump or Mt. Mansfield, the 2 most iconic mountains in VT, and both on state land.
- Go for a swim in the pool at Button Bay- this is the only state park with a pool with a water slide!
- Take a waterfall road trip all over VT- we wrote a blog entry devoted to waterfall chasing.
- Visit the Quechee Gorge- at 165 ft., the deepest in Vermont!
- Have a picnic lunch by the stone shelter overlooking Lake Champlain at D.A.R. State Park in Addison
- Visit a Zen Garden at the Taconic Mountains Ramble StatePark in Hubbardton
- Take your picture at the top of Owl’s Head Mountain in the Groton State Forest- an iconic Vermont view
- Look for bald eagles by the Connecticut River at Wilgus State Park.
- Walk the nature trail at Brighton State Park to learn about the ecology of the northern forest.
- Jump off the dock at Silver Lake in Barnard- another fun photo op and a rite of passage for many.