Enter Our Campfire Cook-off Contest
Submit Your Recipe and Video and Win Big!
Vermont State Parks invites you to participate in the first ever Vermont State Parks Campfire Cook-off video competition.
Craig Whipple, Director of State Parks explains, “Cooking in the outdoors is an intrinsic part of enjoying summer. And in Vermont, with our outdoor culture and bountiful local produce, outdoor cooking has ascended to an art form. After years of listening to stories of extraordinary campfire culinary conquests, we decided it might be fun to lay down a campfire cooking challenge, and to share the best for all to enjoy.”
The contest challenges entrants to submit videos of themselves and/or their team preparing their favorite camping recipes. Finalists will be selected by park staff and the winners will be chosen by online voting. Videos and recipes will be shared online at vtstateparks.com. First, second and third prizes will be awarded and winners will receive free camping, firewood, Vermont products and bragging rights.
- Individuals as well as teams may participate.
- Videos should be no more than 2 minutes long and depict the creation of the dish as
- Written recipe must accompany video submission.
- You can submit as many entries as you like.
- Cooking must be done on wood or charcoal. You can use a BBQ grill or dutch oven, at camp or at home, but no gas cooking or grilling is permitted.
- Bonus points will be awarded for using healthy and local foods
- Videos should be in .wmv, .mp4, .avi or .mov format
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must be received by October 10, 2016
- More information can be found online at vtstateparks.com.
Media outlets, businesses, and organizations are encouraged to submit team entries.