We'd Like Your Input on Proposed Fee Changes
Vermont State Parks is proposing some modest fee increases to generate funds to offset increasing operation
We would like your input on these changes. Let us know what you think. Please contact Craig Whipple, Director of State Parks, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at Craig Whipple, Vermont State Parks, 1 National Life Drive, Davis 2, Montpelier, VT 05620. Comments will be accepted until May 12, 2014.
You are also invited to attend a public meeting about these proposed changes, Monday, May 5, 5:30 PM at the DEC Act 250 Conference Room, Agency of Natural Resources, 111 West Street, Essex Junction, Vermont 05453.
The proposed changes are as follows:
- Increase camping fees by $2/per night
- Increase fee for Mt. Philo picnic pavilion to $200 Monday - Friday and $300 Saturday - Sunday.
- Increase horse camping fee by $4 per night
- Increase boat rental fee at Seyon Lodge to $7.50/per hour
- Increase fee for rental of entire lodge at Seyon Lodge State Park to $650 Monday - Thursday & $700 Friday - Sunday
- Reduce weekend day use fee at Sand Bar State Park by fifty cents per person to $3/per adult and $2/per child under 14 to be consistent with other parks in the system
- Change Stone Hut maximum stay to five nights
You can read the complete annotated rule at this link: http://www.vtstateparks.com/pdfs/2014-rule-annotated.pdf