Do you love Vermont's trails? Do you want to return some of that love? If so, grab a tool or two and meet at Big Deer campground at 9:00 am, June 16th for a fun filled day of building a trail followed by a BBQ at Boulder Beach.
Come see first hand what our summer trail crews do all summer long and learn how to build a trail. Our summer trail crews roam around the state building and maintaining many of Vermont's trails.
We will meet at 9:00 AM and work till 3:00 PM.
For more information: Contact Jack Brooks- Jack.Brooks@state.vt.us
Thanks for the enthusiasm and we look forward to the weekend!
What to Bring:
- Wear older clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Hiking boots or closed toe shoes
- Hat/ Sunscreen/ bug spray
- Tools: We will have tools but if you bring a tool or two we would probably use it. That includes; loppers, shovels, McClouds, pic-mattocks, garden rakes, etc. We’ll have a chainsaw and 1 is enough.
- Your favorite dish and whatever you want to throw on the grill for the after party.
- A Smile
Want to go for a hike on some of Vermont's world class trails? Check out our hiking page with trail descriptions and maps.